Thursday, April 15, 2010

About me.



So here starts my blog. Time for you to find out who you'll be reading about (if you don't already know me!)

I'm Chelsea :), I'm a 19-year-old student at Luther College in NE Iowa studying to become a vocal music director... for now. And I love it here (minus the small town part). I grew up in Des Moines and went to a small christian school there for 13 years, where I participated in cheerleading, track, music, and anything else I could get into! I love singing, which is the main reason I decided to come to Luther, not to mention the fact that EVERYONE here is super nice(well, maybe not EVERYONE, but mostly everyone). I also knew that by going to a small school I could still be involved in the sports I loved in high school
. So I run and jump for the Norse and have loved it so far, and I plan on cheering next year for football(try-outs are in a couple weeks, I'll try to keep you guys posted about that one!). Hmm... Oh! Back to the people, I have already made some really lasting friendships here at Luther after only being here for a semester and a half. I found my roommate for next year, Jennie(I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot about her), my boyfriend Jack(maybe even more about him...) and SO many other people that are all amazing. I can't even imagine transferring out of this school. It'd just be depressing.

So now that you know a little about me, you should know a little about my intent with this blog. I really want to keep updated with my friends from home. Like Luther, DMC was full of people that I made long lasting friendships with. Last summer I had a group of friends I lovingly called "The Nasty Nine", even though there were more like... 11 of us. We were basically inseparable, and then we all proceeded to go to colleges that were spread up and down the middle of America, Baylor University in Texas, Oral Roberts University in Oklahoma, Norwestern College in Minnesota, Pitt State in Kansas, Mid-America Nazarene University in Kansas, and of course Luther College in Iowa. The closest person to me? 2 hours. Farthest? 16... so you can imagine, I miss them a lot. I feel like I've disconnected with them, so this is a small attempt of keeping them updated on what I've been up to.

Also, Decorah is just about 4 hours away from Des Moines. And I miss my family! I would usually go and hang out with my sister or mom or grandma(who all live within 5 miles of each other) and just hang out. But being 4 hours away makes that a little bit more tough. So this is also for them and keeping them updated on my life as well.

Other than that, this might end up being a place for me to vent my thoughts(which tend to wander), and a place for me to talk about myself and help understand what I might need or want to do with my life. Whether you want to read this or not is up to you. But anything you do regarding this is appreciated!
-Chels
My sisters, my niece, and I

Just a couple of the nasties

Song of the day: "Vipers, Snakes, And Actors" -Norma Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment