Friday, July 16, 2010

chloe.












So today and yesterday I was made head of the house hold while my Mom and her husband headed up to Mayo for a round of chemo [blah... stupid cancer]. But because of that, I got to spend a lot of time with my little sister. So I figured it was about time to gush a little about the goof ball.

Chloe is.... different.
We knew when she was about two or three that something was off. My Mom, having already had 2 kids, knew that by that time she should be talking and being social. But Chloe wouldn't talk at all. We figured she had a problem with speaking, so my Mom sent her to a speech pathologist, who then informed my Mom that it wasn't a speech impediment, but something else. So we had tests run and all that jazz, only to find out that Chloe had autism.

A hurdle we weren't necessarily prepared for, but that we were willing to tackle.

Chloe's changed a lot over the years. She went from being a non-verbal funny little girl that would run around the house in the middle of the night naked, and eat all the marshmallows out of the lucky charms by dumping the entire box of cereal on the floor in the kitchen and leaving it there for us to find the next morning.

To a teenager that has boyfriends, a quirky sense of style, and an obsession with long black hair, and watching videos on youtube until she thinks of something better to do.

Despite her quirks, she's a sweet girl who just wants love, and pop [about a 12-pack a day... no joke]. And you should meet her. =]

Listening to: Everything by Secret & Whisper

No comments:

Post a Comment