Tuesday, February 22, 2011

day 7-8.

I'm not sure why I didn't update you yesterday, but all the more fun for you, right?

Day 7 - A picture of your most treasured item.

My "Live" tattoo.

My Papa died in September of 2009. I remember every detail of that day. It was my first week of classes at Luther, and for some reason I had forgotten to turn off my ringer on my phone. My sister called me and my extremely loud ring tone went off in the middle of class. I punched a button so it would stop ringing, and hung up on my sister. Next thing I knew there was a text from my sister that said something along the lines of "You need to leave class, it's important." I said no because it was my first week of class and didn't know that if there was an emergency I could just walk out of class. But I texted her back saying "What's wrong?" and she just said "Papa". I called my Mom right after class and she told me the news. I went to my next class in tears, which was a little humiliating. Luckily, people that I barely knew were really supportive and offered me hugs and gum and anything they could do to help me smile. I finished out the day, but could barely hold it together. I left the next day to be with family.

At the funeral we found out that my Papa's Bible only had a few verses underlined in his Bible. All of them said something along the lines of "We are all God's children, no one deserves to be judged." And that's how my Papa lived out his life. He is the most outgoing and giving person I have ever met. And I decided that I wanted to be more like him. He gave everyone a chance, it didn't matter what they looked like, or what they acted like. So my tattoo reminds me of that every time I look at it. It is the most meaningful thing I have ever purchased.


Day 8 - A picture that makes you laugh.

Me and my best friend Rachenda had this inside joke our senior year of high school and into the summer, where we would scream the word's "Rat-a-tat-a-tattoo!" and then spank each other... over, and over, and over. I know, pretty weird. But I have weird friends ;).

Anyway, we decided one night to do it in front of some friends, and for whatever reason, I decided it would be really funny to do it to my friend Reed. I'm pretty sure this picture is the first time I did it to him, so obviously he doesn't really know what to expect. I think the combination of both of our faces just cracks me up every time I see it.

Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment