Tuesday, December 14, 2010

cold as ice!

This post kind of turned into me rambling about a little bit of everything!
Enjoy :)

Is anyone else absolutely hating this cold?

Maybe I hate it a little more because I'm a college student and I have to walk everywhere... but it's just miserable. And it doesn't help that Decorah is so cold!

Luckily for me, my room is unusually warm. So I don't have to bundle up a ton when I'm inside, but once I leave, I freeze! I had juries today and wore flats(your supposed to look nice and professional, and I decided Ugg's didn't scream dressed up) and my toes are still freezing.

Oh! And another thing(this is me ranting, if you can't tell already), the sidewalks/roads/parking lots are so poorly plowed that I have a constant fear of slipping either on my butt when I'm walking(I've already fallen once and I'm pretty sure I bruised my tailbone... woops), or off the road when I'm driving. It was basically a solid layer of ice/compacted snow earlier this week, and now its turning into slush. Both suck, but the slush was especially awful today due to the flats I mentioned... maybe that's why my toes have frostbite.

On a more positive note, this song came to mind when thinking about this situation.

Reminds me of my childhood!

And on that note, does anyone remember the movie Short Circuit?


It's a long story as to why that song made me think of this movie. Maybe I'll write about it sometime. But it's just a good movie! If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching even though it was made in the 80's(it's on the same level as The Goonies in my book). Basically #5 (the robot) gets zapped by lightning and thinks he's human. And the girl that he lives with thinks he's an alien, when really he's government property. It's really cute! And there's a lot more to it, but I don't want to give it away!
GO WATCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment