Tuesday, June 21, 2011

baby baby!

Gotta love those moments where you think back and can't help but smile.

That happened to me today right after my doctor's appointment.

Here's why...

I am now 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant. That means 1 week and 3 days until Ping-Pong is due to arrive, and lets just say I'm becoming a little impatient. What used to be kicks in the ribs have become kicks in the groin, and let me just say, it isn't any more comfortable. That change in location of kicks, however, does mean that baby has dropped! WOO! Exciting! I guess I wasn't realizing it as much as I thought I was though because the doctor was pretty surprised at just how much Ping-Pong had moved. She checked my cervix and told me that Ping-Pong was super low and that the cervix was ultra-thin. Also she said I'm probably 1 and 1/2 centimeters dilated. After saying all that she told me that we could be expecting Ping-Pong any day! Needless to say I was really excited! Anyways, after my appointment I was standing in line getting ready to schedule my 39 week appointment and realized that I might have Ping-Pong before then!

Oh, and here's another way of looking at all the information above. When my sister went in to get induced with Parker her cervix was hard and they could barely touch Parker. Not only is my cervix soft but my doctor said it was almost as if Ping-Pong was LOWER than the cervix(which isn't possible until I'm actually in labor). Courtney was 9 days overdue, and I have 10 days until my due date! I probably shouldn't get my hopes up, but I am so excited! He's almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment